Many people ask themselves “what is my purpose in life?” or “what is the meaning of life?”. There are a few different ways to Skinny improvisation around this question. The Meaning of Life according to some ancient traditions and modern thinkers, is often summed up as simply “happiness”. However, figuring out what makes you happy can be a daunting task. You can read about what other people have done to find their purpose or meaning in life, but at the end of the day, it’s up to you to find what works best for you.
Here are a few suggestions for things you can do to try and figure out your purpose in life:
- Start with what you love. What are you passionate about? What are your hobbies and interests? What makes you excited to wake up each morning? When you start with what you love, you’ll be more likely to stick with it even when things get tough. And if you’re doing something you love, chances are you won’t even feel like you’re working.
- Think about what you’re good at. What are your strengths and talents? How can you use them to help others? When you focus on using your strengths to help others, you’ll be more likely to find fulfillment in your work.
- Consider your values. What’s important to you? What do you believe in? When your work aligns with your values, it can make even the most challenging days feel worthwhile.
- Find a role model. Is there someone whose career or lifestyle you admire? Think about what they do that you admire and how you can emulate that in your own life.
- Get out there and try things. Don’t be afraid to experiment. If one thing doesn’t work out, it’s not the end of the world. The only way to figure out what works for you is to get out there and try new things.
- Talk to people. Ask your friends and family what they think you’re good at. Talk to people who are doing things that interest you. The more perspectives you have, the easier it will be to figure out what direction you want to go in.